Friends of the Sisters of Notre Dame Volunteer Program
Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless!
The Sisters of Notre Dame, Chardon, Ohio, offer a variety of opportunities in which you can share your gifts and talents.
Mission: The Friends of the Sisters of Notre Dame is the volunteer program that assists the Sisters in the fulfillment of their ministry to the people of God. Members of “Friends” pledge to pray daily for the welfare, guidance and openness to the Spirit of each sister. They make every effort to actively volunteer for and with the Sisters to implement various resources to extend and enrich all ministries.
Who may join? All individuals who are interested in sharing the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame are cordially invited to join. Adults, senior citizens, teenagers, and children are encouraged to participate individually or as a family to share their talents in a variety of volunteer capacities
Requirements: If accepted, candidates are expected to complete the application form, volunteer agreement, attend training and orientation, provide references and adhere to all policies and procedures of the program. To receive these documents, please fill out the contact form.
Our volunteers minister in many areas of service, including:
- Praying daily for the sisters and their ministries.
- Assistance with clerical and office duties
- Assistance in our Health Care
- Our annual BBQ/Boutique, which takes place on the last two Sundays in September. There are approximately 450 volunteers needed for each Sunday in various capacities. Learn more
- Specific volunteer services