Stretch Your Heart
A summer volunteer opportunity for young adult women
Stretch Your Heart invites women, ages 18-35, to spend five days living in community while offering service to those in need. The program was launched by the Sisters of Notre Dame in 2004. Over the years our volunteers:
- Have worked with children in a crisis care center
- Spent time with families who were transitioning from homelessness into homes of their own
- Harvested crops on a farm that services hunger centers
- Served meals at hunger centers
- Worked with children and families from migrant camps
Stretch Your Heart 2013: Touch the World One Child at a Time
A summer volunteer opportunity for single women 18-35
June 23-28, 2013
WHERE: Blessing House, a crisis care facility for children from infancy to age 12.
(www.blessinghouse.org and FB)
THE EXPERIENCE: Indoor and outdoor activities, field trips, cooking and serving meals, community building
Volunteers will live together at Cuvilly House, a young adult ministry center sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame on Cleveland’s East Side.